Follow Us  

From an E-mail from Sue
Views 2677
Replies 0
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hi, I just found your website.  I am a born again Christian, and feel that the Lord has been working on my heart to minister to people who are in the kind of pain that I used to be in.  Writing poetry is one of my therapies of sorts, and here are a couple if you would want to use them on your website.  I have more.  I'm new at reaching out to people down and out, and I am so thankful to find a website like yours!  At the bottom of these two poems I will share a poem about how I got saved and then include the Romans Roads.  I hope it's not too much reading!!!  God bless you!  Sue (Dr,
Suess)

Suicide

Did you know that Jesus died to cleanse you of your sin?
And if you but receive Him, you can enter in~ not only to a place of love when your body dies, but to a life of triumph, over Satan’s lies!?

If you ask for my opinion what I think is suicide, it’s refusing faith in Jesus, and clinging to your pride!
Eternal separation from the God who loves you so, refusing the forgiveness that He would have you know!

But what if you’re a Christian and still tempted so to do??
I’ll tell you how He helped me, and I know He will you too!
For if you’re ever tempted to commit this painful sin, ‘just’ dying to your own will is a better way to win!

For when I placed my hope in God, that’s when I found His strength, learning that He loved me beyond height or width or length!
As I gave Him all my dreams and trusted God the more, that’s when I felt I’d entered good old heaven’s door!

Each day became a testing ground to help me to believe, though my circumstance seemed tailored to deceive!
But each time that I decided I would trust God and obey no matter how I felt, I was strengthened on that day!

The Me Inside

Nobody knows the me inside.
How many times that I have cried.
How many times I’d wished I’d died!

But before creation God says that He knew Every thought and all things that I would do!
Does God really know all my feelings too???

So accustomed to life’s pain  that I’ve grown, For so long, I’d felt all alone!
~Have I forgot I’ll stand ‘neath His throne?

…Have I really taken Him at His Word?
Have I truly believed?  Have I really heard?
(The words “Jesus loves me” sound so absurd!)

“God loves the whole world that He sent His own Son”, It’s easy to know… but for me, this one ~
For this me inside…  I know what I’ve done!

“God loves YOU!  God loves YOU!”
Oh preacher, preacher, tell me it’s true!!!
(Is God really willing to forgive me too?)

…Believing this is now up to you!

Prayer in the Dark

I remember the day
when all I that knew
was that there’s this book
that claimed to be true!

I knew that I’d sinned,
I couldn’t deny!
I wasn’t perfect,
although I did try!

That’s when I shot up a prayer in the dark, asking God to please speak in my ear..
For I knew for myself, if God wasn’t there, not to worry, for He couldn’t hear!

So whatever it is that you now believe, please come on a journey of sorts!
Decide for yourself what you want to do
with the claims that the Bible reports!

Now, just for the record… here the five most important verses, that helped me.  They are the most vital claims, in my opinion, about ‘what the Bible reports’!

1)  “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”  Romans 3:23

2)  “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”  Romans 5:8

3)  “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  Romans 5:8

4)  “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”  Romans
10:13

5)  Also, John 1:12 and 13 tell us, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” 

Thank you for this email.